A little bit of myself and ....

Be urself. It's difficult. Still nothing harm in tryin it.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Dreamz 4 Nature

The title is not quite right over here. It's actually wish, to be precise. But I believe wishes are nothing but wat we dream of... I had small dreamz. But current scenario I doubt it wud come true.
I have this wish 2 buy as much as lands as possible in & around Bangalore. And grow trees in those land(might seem funny). I even found out few species which grow faster, Like Gulmohar(approx 3yrs to fully sprea, even under rigid condition),etc.
Nope I am not willing to do a real estate business in future. Neither these lands, I am gonna buy is gonna be inherited. It will goto charity.
It all started, when I and Mahesh were travelling in the train along the Kerala Coconut Grooves, he told me that every country has to have 33% of it's land to be covered with TREES(greenery) so that there is equilibrium in the Oxygen level(somethin of that sort) and India has got just 13% of forest.
I always see trees been fell. For road widening (eg: Proposed International Airport Rd). For Flyovers (eg: listen 2 RadioCity Jam burster, an' u can locate one). For building houses apartments. Even in recently visited forest, there was this guy who had located a place where the RFO's and his men don't stroll. He cleared many trees( around 60 yrs old ones) and planted Betel Nut trees in a area of 2-3acres. The moment we spoted it, RFO order him 2 restore the natural vegetation else serious action will be taken. Conditions in villages are worst farmers are not geting good money for there crops, so they're all selling there lands to make a living. Instance is my very own birth village. Whole village had sprawling 25acres of dedicated land for farming at one place. It was sold to a factory. Now every house is a small provision store there. Everybody is behind removing trees..Nobody wants 2 plant one.
There are some people like Suresh Heblekar and some more ppl who work towards planting and conserving trees. but it's not enough.
I wanted 2 contribute something to the nature. This is one of my dreamz. Buy lots of Land and grow trees. Just a humble tribute to the nature from my side. The best part of this !dea. NO government , NO politics and NO scams. Very Costly plan 4 a single guy. :D
.@least I will do this for 1acre.
|| Hash Gowda, 1:15 AM

Those 2 somethings...:

The well being and prosperity of a country, atleast about one third of her geographical area should be under good forest cover. The above is in plain and plateau region, In Hilly and mountaineous regions its about two third.
Blogger M, at 11:37 AM  
Wo! That is a very good post and a very noble thought. I am happy that there are GREEN friends like me.:-)I really hope that your dream will come true and that you will lead the way for others to follow.:-)
Blogger Madhooo, at 10:55 AM