A little bit of myself and ....

Be urself. It's difficult. Still nothing harm in tryin it.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Me: @ my first stage play

On Thursday, I witnessed my first STAGE PLAY, of my life. It was named "Kalinga" (remember Ashoka and his laat war of his life... Ya! that's right). This play was held @ RangaShankara. Ppl say one of the hubs in Bangalore which is keeping stage plays alive. The reason for me 2 go watch it was one of my recently made friend, was acting in it.
Play was all abt Ashoka's personal life and how he succeded his Big Bro and how he attacked KALINGA. Main catch was the creativity which the director had, I was just amazed @ it. The Kalinga war is fought by those FOUR LIONS which depicts Ashoka's Symbol( the one on top of vidhana soudha). Ashoka is standing in the middle of those lions. These lions die during the course of the war.Ashoka is touched by the grief of children/widows. Then BUDDHA enters and transforms Ashoka. It's like Ashoka's Mind was ruled by these lions, once they're dead. He is become a normal human being who can understand the situation, thus follows Buddha's words. Amazing.
There were around 350ppl gathered up,which made the hall full. So many were left dis-heartened who didnot get the tickets. There was no mic used. Still the dilaogues and songs(it was 75% musical and 25% dialogue based play) were audible pretty clear... kudos to the acoustic work. The different modes of main characters where depicted by backstage lighs which used 2 change as the mode of the character.
But still I wanna experience a contemporary subject based play, which doesnot hav music and has lots of dialogues. New hobby beginin for me.
This Play was part of Young Director's festival. Yesterday was the results. But They hav postponed it 2 next week(I thought will post it along with the result). Hope this guy wins, if he is the best.
|| Hash Gowda, 1:14 PM

Those 3 somethings...:

Four lion's form the national emblem, thats y its on the top of vidhan soudha.... Just incase u forgot.
Blogger M, at 3:16 AM  
Even I want to get back to watching plays. Drama is something that definitely deserves more attention. I am happy that Rangashankara is doing a very good job of capturing the attention of urbane people.
Blogger Madhooo, at 10:01 AM  
@Mahesh: Thanks dude, 4 reminding it 2 me.
@Madhooo: Keep checkin Rangashankara website 2 get latest updates on the plays there. so u can get back..
Blogger Hash Gowda, at 8:58 PM