A little bit of myself and ....

Be urself. It's difficult. Still nothing harm in tryin it.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

#15 Park Avenue

Past two weeks has been packed with watching movies in Cinema Hall( 2 be precise INOX bangalore). There is this offer in INOX called "Manahattan Thursday's" - catch in this is on thursday's u buy a ticket using Manhattan credit card, u get one ticket absolutely free.

Back 2 wat I was tellin, Last week I had two back to back movies. On thursday, Apaharan - It was there in my list 4 quiet a loong time. On Friday, Sikhar - This was on Avinash's request. I am not a ardent movie buff. I love watching it @ home , comfy and cozily.

Then this friday Surendra calls me , n goes like...."Pal, can u do me a favor?" I gav him a nod. "Book tickets in INOX , movie - 15 Park Avenue" . Okay lemme tell u a fact, INOX is just 30 paces from my office. I cudn't book it on friday, thank GOD. All my plans cancelled today. So I also decided to watch it along with him. I went 2 my office parked my vechicle and walked 2 Garuda , booked it. gr8 relief that I got the tickets for a show on SATURDAY.

The clock struck 7, show time Surendra had called 45mins back said he's starting from his house (vidyaranya pura). But no signs of Suri. I am like, "man where are u" . I call him "Harisha, 10mins i'm @ Indian express". That 10mins extended to 25mins :) . I went in, stood behind the crowd and kept peeping out to check whether he has come or... Okay, his mobile outgoing was blocked :). abt the movie.


Shabana was searching for "15 Park Avenue in Kolkata streets". First impression Konkana sen was umazing. I had watched her in MR & MRS IYER . Stellar performance by her, feel good movie. U ppl haven't watched it, then plz watch it.

Kokana is saw in previous movie and this was totally huge difference. This movie covers all aspect, from everybodies point of view. All there characters are analysed in here. There is this very conservative wife character played by Shefali Chaaya. Then there is caring ma by Waheeda Rehman. Shabana Azmi - she has got the most complex shades a daughter, caring sister, somebody trying keep up with her love and a very successful professor trying 2 finish a paper. But Konkana steals the show man.
Take my bet, this is a MUST WATCH

On the lighter side,
Since Hero's are banned from smoking, Shefali Chaaya smokes one.
High society talks are rubbish. Neatly shown :))
Even a good old guy can become conservative. (Shabana greeting the doctor during the lunch gathering)

The crowd maintained a PIN DROP SILENCE in that hall. but after the last scene there were huge discussion all around, everybody young lovers, married couples, aunties, uncles, mother-daughter, paapa n son and Friends Everybody Everybody [not the kids :) ]

If somebody has already checked out the movie, let's discuss on the climax.
|| Hash Gowda, 10:16 PM

Those 6 somethings...:

Ok, so she finds her reality at the end. But still I think the movie could have had a better ending. Most of us never got to know when the film ended.:))

But yes, I loved konkana sen in that movie. She was the only good thing.:))
Blogger Madhooo, at 9:56 AM  
She enter her world what she believes in And other stay in what they believe in. Isn't that fairy tale sort ....
Blogger Hash Gowda, at 12:10 AM  
Well i hope to catch this flick asap :)
Blogger Viewer, at 7:53 PM  
Well i hope to catch this flick asap :)
Blogger Viewer, at 7:53 PM  
hey
it's a wonderful film. everyone should watch it to know oneself better
Blogger EYE, at 10:10 PM  
well I too want to watch the movie maybe this weekend
Blogger The Bhandari's, at 5:37 PM