A little bit of myself and ....

Be urself. It's difficult. Still nothing harm in tryin it.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

my own film festival

In past two months I have seen a array of movies with lots of variations in the treatment of subject to the period it was picturised...

Max Muller Bhavan film festival :
Morituri - 2nd world wars cruel face in germany
The plot to Assasinate Hitler - Concentration camps thinking something good. There was this discussion after this movie, which gave me lot of indepth knowledge on Hitler-Germany-world war
I Missed it - Angry Harvest.

Home Viewing:
Secret Garden - Innocence and kids can do miracles
Heidi - Secret garden and this one has lot of resembles in abstract level, I loved it.
Fiddler on the Roof - Musical
Great Expectations (old version) - Good turning points.
Not one less - Umazing movie
Children of Heaven - Childhoods fear and innocence caught naturally

The Hidden Fortress - Akira Kurosawa
Red Beard - Akira Kurosawa

Green Mile - Protagonist was worth for the OSCAR he got.
The Shawshank Redemption - Silent attack

The incredibles
Princess Mononoki - Miyazaki
My sassy girl - Really a hilaroious and feel good love story.

9/11 Fareheneit - Voices of Iraq

Cinema Hall:
Iqbal - Determination
Apaharan - Good movie, reality bites
Shikar - Concept is good, no story or screenplay or no mature acting from top (all)stars.

Some plays:
Sankranti - Prakash Belvadi (Director) - A initiative of Swarna mahotsava of State formation.
Kalinga - Bias young directors festival.
I was ready , but troop was not ready ;) - Gunna mukha.
Missed - one last friday.

I am a really bad reader, I can sleep on the first page of the novel n number of times.
This is my hobby....
|| Hash Gowda, 12:08 AM

Those 6 somethings...:

sweet. those are some good films. if you really liked movies set during world war II, i recommend you watch "Life is Beautiful" with Roberto Benigni. a stunning and touching movie.
Blogger Bookworm, at 5:48 AM  
Sruti, I watched that movie many many times. I also own the DVD of this movie. Finally the boy gets his iron tank. really touching....
Blogger Hash Gowda, at 10:50 AM  
This comment is not related to this post. I saw the hampi photos that u have taken. I think they are very beautiful pictures. U shoould probably post them on ur blog.
Blogger Madhooo, at 3:51 PM  
WOW! U are a BIG movie buff :))
after reading this post I know that ur comment on Amelie has to be taken at face value :)


From aur entire list i have just seen Incredibles that too just half the movie :(
Blogger Viewer, at 8:13 PM  
@Madhoo: Will soon do that, some of pics are still floating( once I have the full collection.)

@Viewer: :) Tell me ur hobby.
Blogger Hash Gowda, at 11:55 PM  
U seariously need to check out my profile to know my hobby in bloggers :)
Blogger Viewer, at 9:33 PM